Descripción de la oferta
Current treatments against brain diseases have very low efficacy due to the incapacity of most drugs to cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and target particular cell populations. In our group we are developing targeted delivery systems that transport biotherapeutics across the BBB.
We have recently been awarded a highly prestigious grant by the European Research Council to develop new strategies to deliver large therapeutics into the brain with unprecedented efficiency and selectivity. In your project you will be applying cellular and synthetic biology, as well as protein engineering, to study transcytosis at the BBB and create a paradigm-shifting system for brain delivery.
You’ll be part of a young, dynamic, and international team at IQS Barcelona. We invite you to visit our website http://www.pptn.iqs.edu.
We aim to contribute to pushing the boundaries of knowledge but our main goal is to grow and enjoy science together!
- PhD degree with a background in molecular and cellular biology
- Experience in the following fields will be valued: intracellular trafficking, synthetic biology, protein engineering, membrane proteins, advanced microscopy, blood-brain barrier cell-based models
- Strong motivation, proactivity and creativity
- Good social skills to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
Presentación de solicitudes
Please send the following documents as a single pdf bearing your name to email@example.com:
- A motivation letter explaining your research experience, your main interests, and why you think you would be a good fit for this position
- Two reference letters and contact details of the referees who wrote them
Please submit your application email with “Postdoc SynBioBrain” in the subject line.