Descripción de la oferta
Current treatments against brain diseases have very low efficacy due to the incapacity of most drugs to cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and target particular cell populations. In our group we are developing targeted delivery systems that transport biotherapeutics across the BBB.
We have recently been awarded a highly prestigious grant by the European Research Council to develop new strategies to deliver large therapeutics into the brain with unprecedented efficiency and selectivity. In your PhD project, you will be applying cellular and synthetic biology, as well as protein engineering, to study transcytosis at the BBB and create a paradigm-shifting system for brain delivery.
You’ll be part of a young, dynamic, and international team at IQS Barcelona. We invite you to visit our website www.pptn.iqs.edu.
- MSc degree or equivalent
- Background in biotechnology, cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, or related
- Experience in molecular biology and protein engineering will be valued
- Strong motivation, proactivity and creativity
- Good social skills to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
Presentación de solicitudes
Applications are welcome until January 18 th or until the candidate is found.
Please send the following documents as a single pdf bearing your name to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A motivation letter explaining your research experience, your main interests, and why you would be a good fit for this position
- Two reference letters and contact details of the referees who wrote them
- Academic record
Please submit your application email with “PhD SynBioBrain” in the subject line.