The Cipitria Lab – Bioengineering in Regeneration and Cancer at Biodonostia Health Research Institute, San Sebastián, Spain, is seeking a full-time laboratory manager to join our interdisciplinary team of engineers and scientists. Research in our lab aims to understand how biophysical and biochemical properties of native extracellular matrix and synthetic biomaterials guide cell response in tissue regeneration, cancer dormancy and bone metastasis.
This position is funded by the EU Horizon 2020 HEALIKICK project (grant 874889) (https://glasgow.thecemi.org/ourresearch/healikick), aiming to deliver next generation bone graft materials for the repair of major critical defects. The consortium includes academics from the Universities of Glasgow, Strathclyde, Navarra, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces and Biodonostia Health Research Institute, along with industrial partners at Histocell, Bilbao.
Descripción de la oferta
- Processing bone samples from large bone defect animal models. As part of HEALIKICK, the technician will coordinate sample collection with hospitals involved and process them in collaboration with the Histology platform at Biodonostia.
- Contribute to general lab aspects: maintaining laboratory protocols, facilitating day-to-day lab work, preparing solutions and aliquots, stock maintenance, ordering general lab supplies, maintaining inventory, laboratory budget, safety records, provide general lab support and training as needed.
- Collaboration with ongoing projects in the lab. We perform a large variety of in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo experiments, including work with biomaterial scaffolds and hydrogels and multiscale correlative characterization of tissue samples. General lab experience in a biomedical lab will be positively evaluated.
Desired qualifications, knowledge and skills (recommended but not mandatory):
- Previous experience (2 years of lab technician ideal) in as many tasks as possible required for the position: sample preparation, histology, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, epifluorescence and confocal imaging.
- Interest to learn and grow professionally in a young, dynamic and competitive lab.
- Commitment to perform the tasks with excellence.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work under deadlines.
- Excellent ability to conduct experiments independently and collaboratively within our group.
- Good knowledge of English. If the level is basic, it will be a requirement to be committed to improve it.
- Prior experience with animal models, biomaterials and cell culture is preferred but not required.
Presentación de solicitudes
Please send a motivation letter describing experience and research interests, your CV, a transcript of your university record and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please indicate “Lab manager – HEALIKICK” in the subject line. This position will remain open until filled.