Descripción de la oferta
Research team: We are an interdisciplinary group devoted to Translational Research using Nanomedicine and Tissue Engineering as therapeutic and diagnostic strategies in liver diseases, within the frame of a consolidated research group: (https://www.clinicbarcelona.org/en/idibaps/research-areas/liver-digestive-system-and-metabolism/translational-research-group-in-new-therapeutic-and-diagnostic-strategies-in-liver-diseases).
Research project: Analysis of the 3D Liver Extracellular Matrix and 3D-Bioprinting of liver-like 3D scaffolds for the design of liver organoids.
Enthusiastic person with strong interest in Science and commitment to develop a PhD (4-5 years) developing new tools for liver diseases (Cirrhosis and Cancer).
• Bachelor and Master Degree in Life Sciences (Biomedical Engineering or similar>Biotechnology>Pharmacy>Biochemistry>Biomedicine>Biology> or related disciplines) and a good academic and/or scientific publications record.
• Bachelor’s degree AVERAGE of ≈8.7 or higher will be valued to apply to FI and FPU Fellowships among others.
• Accredited certificate for the use of laboratory animals for research purposes will be valued.
• Knowledge and expertise in 3D Bioprinting, 3D software (Solidworks, CAD, etc) generation and analysis of .STL 3D images, tissue slicing and immunostaining are required. Expertise in molecular and cellular biology, cell culture, mouse and rat handling, RNA isolation and PCR, and nanoparticle synthesis and characterization will be valued.
• Short stays in International Research Centers will be valued.
• Required languages: High English and Spanish level. Solid communication and writing skills in English.
Presentación de solicitudes
Required documents: Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic Records, Contacts for 2 references. Send to Dr. Pedro Melgar-Lesmes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted by e-mail for a personal interview in a second phase.