Datos del evento
Launched in 1988, this FASEB Science Research Conference (SRC) is one of the longest-running lipid research meetings. This year’s SRC explores all aspects of the biology and biochemistry associated with lipid signaling, lipid metabolism, lipid-protein interactions, and lipids in health and disease. A special workshop and focus will highlight lipids in aging.
The conference provides a forum to share the most current information on lipid metabolism and signaling. It facilitates new interactions among scientists who do not normally interact, promotes interdisciplinary connections that will lead to new collaborations in the lipid research ﬁeld, and enables understanding and translational research leading to safe human interventions to improve human health.
The conference aims to facilitate the spread of information and ideas about the impact of lipid metabolism and signaling on the basic biology of cells, aging, metabolism, health and longevity, signaling, organelle identity, as well as infectious disease and other topics.
- The program promotes the improvement of human health by integrating lipid metabolism and signaling studies across a range of topics. The conference sessions will present the latest research and foster discussion on: Lipids on the brain
- Contemporary methods to detect and study phospholipids
- Phospholipids in membrane traﬃcking, transport, and contact sites
- Phospholipid metabolism and metabolic diseases
- Phospholipids in 3D structures and membrane shaping
- Lipid hijacking and hijinks by parasites and pathogens
- Phospholipids in signaling and cancers
- Phospholipids in membrane organelle identity and function
The conference covers eight sessions and three poster sessions. We are delighted to have Jodi Nunnari, PhD, (University of California, Davis) present the keynote lecture.
The conference includes two «Meet the Expert» sessions for trainees and junior faculty to meet with experts in the ﬁeld—faculty, industry experts, and scientiﬁc editors—and receive career and scientiﬁc advice. There is a Grant Writing Workshop and Lipid Boot Camp for trainees and all who would like to attend, as well as a Lipid and Aging Workshop on the ﬁrst night of the conference.