Datos del evento
They have gained increasingly more attention over the past decade as more research shows that they are key contributors to neural circuit development and function. There is also increasing evidence that microglia are also important in the etiology of many nervous system diseases. This workshop will highlight the many important functions of microglia to nervous system physiology and function, the newest and most exciting literature and will bring together researchers using state-of the art imaging, genomics and molecular biology to study these enigmatic cells.
- Functional genomics
- Microglial regulation of neural circuits
- Microglia and metabolic functions
- Microglia in neurodegeneration/demyelination
- New models and methodologies to study microglia
- Microglial communication with other brain cells