Descripción de la oferta
This is a high-risk, high-reward funded project. Our goal is to develop a novel RNA strategy that targets Tau to revert Alzheimer’s disease (that could also be applied to other diseases). The project requires extensive RNA manipulation. If successful, patents are expected as well as the extension of funding/contract to phase II.
The project is a collaboration between the University of Seville (Spain), the Autonomous University of Madrid (Spain), and the University of California, San Diego (USA).
We are looking for 2 postdoctoral candidates with hands-on experience in RNA. International candidates are very welcome.
- PhD in any related field (molecular biology, biochemistry, virology, immunology, biomedicine, genetics…).
- Hands-on experience in RNA.
- Fluent English (oral + written). Spanish not mandatory.
- Experience in any of the following is a plus: RNA viruses, ribozymes, RDRPs, qRT-PCR, Western-blot, ISH, cell culture, cloning, flow cytometry, bioinformatics, statistics, yeast, or Tau.
- Critical thinker, motivated, creative, organized, clean worker, pays attention to details, able to multi-task, productive, meets deadlines.
Presentación de solicitudes
Interested candidates should send their CV by e-mail (AlbertGQ1970@us.es) to Albert Garcia. Please, write «RNA postdoc» in the subject of the message. Pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview within 30 days.