Descripción de la oferta
The Institute for Advanced Simulations – Computational Biomedicine (INM-9) at the Jülich Research Center uses and develops high performance computing-based multiscale simulations to investigate key molecular events for neuronal function and dysfunction. For this purpose, we work closely with the subinstitute IAS-5.
Within the the DFG Research Group “Functional Dynamics of ion channels and transporters – DynIon”, we are currently searching for qualified candidates with solid background in molecular dynamics, free energy calculations and statistical mechanics applied to biological systems.
- Completed study (Master) in computational chemistry, biochemistry, physics or related fields
- PhD degree in the above-mentioned fields
- Demonstrated scientific track record (publications, conference participations)
- Expertise in force field-based MD simulations and Quantum Mechanics / Molecular Mechanics
- Experience with Linux-based systems and (preferred) high performance computing
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an international, interdisciplinary team
- Very good communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in English language in written and spoken form